Recipe by Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This Mexican inspired dish is a perfect mix of fresh and hardy. I love the hint of spice, the crunch of the hash brown crust and the zing of the lime juice. It comes together quick for a delicious dish that is impressive enough to entertain with!
Top Review by 55Gibson
Delicious. Followed the recipe and made this for Mother's Day brunch. Added a side of fresh fruit with yogurt. The ingredients balanced very nicely such that nothing overpowered anything else. We all agreed we will be asking dad to make this again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of, plus additional for serving
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by making the corn salsa. Place the sweet corn in a strainer and let it thaw over a large bowl. Once thawed, discard the liquid in the bowl.
- Dice the onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper (deseed and devein if you want less spice) and roughly chop the cilantro. Combine the corn, onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and lime in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle in the salt and stir. Set the salsa aside.
- Liberally spray a baking dish (9x13 will work) with cooking spray. Place the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns into the pan. Press the potatoes onto the bottom and up on the sides to create a crust. Spray the potatoes again with cooking spray. Once the oven is preheated, place this into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the 1 cup of the salsa, the ham and cheese into the eggs. Stir until combined.
- When the potato crust is done cooking, pour the egg mixture into the pan on top of the crust. Place back in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Test this by placing a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean the eggs are fully cooked.
- Top with additional corn salsa and squeeze of lime juice.