1/2 Photos of Fresh Corn Salsa Frittata With Hash Brown Crust
Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This Mexican inspired dish is a perfect mix of fresh and hardy. I love the hint of spice, the crunch of the hash brown crust and the zing of the lime juice. It comes together quick for a delicious dish that is impressive enough to entertain with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Start by making the corn salsa. Place the sweet corn in a strainer and let it thaw over a large bowl. Once thawed, discard the liquid in the bowl.
- 3Dice the onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper (deseed and devein if you want less spice) and roughly chop the cilantro. Combine the corn, onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and lime in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle in the salt and stir. Set the salsa aside.
- 4Liberally spray a baking dish (9x13 will work) with cooking spray. Place the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns into the pan. Press the potatoes onto the bottom and up on the sides to create a crust. Spray the potatoes again with cooking spray. Once the oven is preheated, place this into the oven for 15 minutes.
- 5Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the 1 cup of the salsa, the ham and cheese into the eggs. Stir until combined.
- 6When the potato crust is done cooking, pour the egg mixture into the pan on top of the crust. Place back in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Test this by placing a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean the eggs are fully cooked.
- 7Top with additional corn salsa and squeeze of lime juice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn Salsa Frittata With Hash Brown Crust
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 245.9 mg
- Sodium 589.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.9 g