Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Pennsylvania Dutch side dish made with fresh corn and tomatoes.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions and saute over medium high heat until onions begin to brown.
- Add broth and tomatoes and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add corn, salt and pepper, cover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over hot noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Very good side dish that I served with baked fish. I used tomato juice instead of chicken broth to keep this vegetarian.
Great side dish for a spicy entree. It's colorful and fresh and very simple and quick to put together. Great way to get veggies down a meat and potatoes Dh.