1 hr 15 mins
Az B's Note:
An authentic New Zealand receipe found on Gourment Safari.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 (398 ml) can good quality coconut milk or 1 (398 ml) can pure creamed coconut
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs of white fish, such as Tilapia or 2 lbs perch
- good quality crab claw meat
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1Remove the coconut from the sheel and place in food processor in chunks.
- 2Add the coriander, chives, lime zest and juice, and Thai chilies to the food processor and pulse all together.
- 3Add the coconut milk and red onion to the food processor, pulse,
- 4Set aside and refrigerate.
- 5Finely chop fish and crab meat, add 1 cup of lemon juice, enough to cover fish. Refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- 6Drain the seafood mixture well and add to the coconut mixture.
- 7Serve chilled, using the coconut shell as decoration.
Browse Our Top New Zealand Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All New Zealand Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Coconut Ceviche
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.5
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: