Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An authentic New Zealand receipe found on Gourment Safari.
Make and share this Fresh Coconut Ceviche recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 fresh coconut
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 (398 ml) cangood quality coconut milk or 1 (398 ml) canpure creamed coconut
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs of white fish, such as Tilapia or 2 lbs perch
- good quality crab claw meat
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Remove the coconut from the sheel and place in food processor in chunks.
- Add the coriander, chives, lime zest and juice, and Thai chilies to the food processor and pulse all together.
- Add the coconut milk and red onion to the food processor, pulse,
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Finely chop fish and crab meat, add 1 cup of lemon juice, enough to cover fish. Refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- Drain the seafood mixture well and add to the coconut mixture.
- Serve chilled, using the coconut shell as decoration.