Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have found this to be an excellent way to serve whole wheat pasta. Of course you could use regular pasta if you prefer. Using cherry or grape tomatoes add a lot of flavor to this simple recipe. Throwing it together takes only minutes and makes a great weekday meal! Serve either as a hot meal or cold as a salad.
- Bring pot of water to boil; cook penne according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, minced garlic and basil.
- Add olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain penne; add to tomato mixture and combine.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and and serve chilled as salad.