I have found this to be an excellent way to serve whole wheat pasta. Of course you could use regular pasta if you prefer. Using cherry or grape tomatoes add a lot of flavor to this simple recipe. Throwing it together takes only minutes and makes a great weekday meal! Serve either as a hot meal or cold as a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring pot of water to boil; cook penne according to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, minced garlic and basil.
- 3Add olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Drain penne; add to tomato mixture and combine.
- 5Serve immediately, or refrigerate and and serve chilled as salad.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Cherry Tomato With Basil and Mozzarella Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.2
- Calories from Fat 613
- Total Fat 68.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 25.4 g