Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cherry Season! This is a cooling refreshing drink! If you don't own a cherry/olive pitter, You can use a drinking straw. It's very good in two hours, but over night is wonderful.
- Combine pitted cherries and ginger slices in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over the cherries mixture and cover with 2 cups filtered water.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Bring 2 cups filtered water nearly to a boil; pour over tea bags in a pitcher. Steep tea for 90 seconds.
- Squeeze tea bags into pitcher and discard bags.
- Strain cherry-ginger water into pitcher with green tea, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Serve with lemon slices and lemon juice.