Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great simple blueberry sauce that receives a nice tang from the addition of apple juice in place of the regular water. Great on cheesecakes, pancakes, or waffles. From epicurious.
- Bring blueberries, 1/2 cup apple juice and sugar to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 Tablespoon cornstarch in remaining 2 Tablespoons apple juice and add to blueberry mixture.
- Add lemon juice.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly; simmer until thick, about 1 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.).
Was gonna make this for a pancake topping, but things changed, & we used it over pound cake & frozen vanilla yogurt ~ OUTSTANDING & sooo easy! Definitely a sauce I'll be making again! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
PERFECT! I wouldn't change a thing about this one, that's for sure! I made homemade waffles and set this sauce, whipped cream, and maple syrup out for my family this morning. All of them went for the blueberry sauce as opposed to the syrup. Thanks so much!
Delicious! I made it tonight and topped my cheesecake with it. The directions were excellent. Clear directions are very important to me.