Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Its easy to make and i love Asparagus.
- 2 1⁄2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup potato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons low-fat butter
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- salt and pepper
- 9 asparagus spears
- Sauté the asparagus in 1 tsp of butter and keep aside for the garnish.
- Heat the remaining butter in a pan and sauté the onions and potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Simmer till the potatoes are nearly cooked and add the asparagus cook for a few minutes. Cool completely.
- Purée the mixture in a liquidiser. Blend and strain the mixture.
- Add the salt, pepper and cream and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the sautéed asparagus spears.