Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just came up with this recipe as my husband and son were hungry for a new breakfast.
- 10 piece bread (I use Rudy's organic 14 grain)
- 5 eggs
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt (I use stonyfield organic)
- 29.58 ml vanilla
Fresh strawberry syrup
- 10 strawberries, sliced thin
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and fry on each side for about 2 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- In the meantime, place brown sugar, then syrup into a small frying pan or sauce pan and heat on low heat. Add the strawberries and just cook enough to warm the strawberries.
- Serve the french toast with strawberry syrup on top.
I always do this...think I know better than a recipe, when in fact I don't. I skipped the brown sugar in the syrup and though it was still tasty, it was very lightly sweetened and quite watery. So learn from me and don't skip it! I added it and it was fantastic- syrup was lightly pink and syrupy. Great recipe, so nice to try something different!
I love French toast and this was my first time trying with yogurt instead of milk. It was a nice change. DH didn't wanted to eat them. But he finally tasted it and decided to have 2 LOL So he liked it. DS also. I have not changed a thing. I just heated the syrup in the microwave. Thanks StrikingEyes. Made for PAC Fall 2008.