Recipe by StrikingEyes00
I just came up with this recipe as my husband and son were hungry for a new breakfast.
Top Review by Elainia
I always do this...think I know better than a recipe, when in fact I don't. I skipped the brown sugar in the syrup and though it was still tasty, it was very lightly sweetened and quite watery. So learn from me and don't skip it! I added it and it was fantastic- syrup was lightly pink and syrupy. Great recipe, so nice to try something different!
- 10 pieces bread (I use Rudy's organic 14 grain)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (I use stonyfield organic)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Fresh strawberry syrup
- 10 strawberries, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and fry on each side for about 2 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- In the meantime, place brown sugar, then syrup into a small frying pan or sauce pan and heat on low heat. Add the strawberries and just cook enough to warm the strawberries.
- Serve the french toast with strawberry syrup on top.