1/2 Photos of French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
I just came up with this recipe as my husband and son were hungry for a new breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 pieces bread (I use Rudy's organic 14 grain)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I use stonyfield organic)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Fresh strawberry syrup
- 1Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- 2Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan.
- 3Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and fry on each side for about 2 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- 4In the meantime, place brown sugar, then syrup into a small frying pan or sauce pan and heat on low heat. Add the strawberries and just cook enough to warm the strawberries.
- 5Serve the french toast with strawberry syrup on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 266.3 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g