1/2 Photos of French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
I just came up with this recipe as my husband and son were hungry for a new breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 pieces bread (I use Rudy's organic 14 grain)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I use stonyfield organic)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Fresh strawberry syrup
- 1Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- 2Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan.
- 3Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and fry on each side for about 2 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- 4In the meantime, place brown sugar, then syrup into a small frying pan or sauce pan and heat on low heat. Add the strawberries and just cook enough to warm the strawberries.
- 5Serve the french toast with strawberry syrup on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 266.3 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g