Prep 6 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this in Better Homes and Gardens, The family loved this for Breakfast.
Make and share this French Toast With Chocolate and Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 100 g almonds, flaked
- 100 g milk (good quality) or 100 g dark chocolate, grated (good quality)
- Put eggs, milk & vanilla essence in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and half of the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Spread the flaked almonds over a small plate.
- Sprinkle 2 slices of bread with chocolate, and top each with another slice. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then press into the almonds, to coat.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in a pan.
- Add almond-coated, chocolate-filled sandwiches and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
Wow, was this french toast ever terrific tisme. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty tasty recipe. I really enjoyed this delicious french toast. It made the best breakfast with a nice strong mug of bold coffee and a banana. This recipe was quick and easy to make with excellent results. Perfect for breaky, lunch, brunch or dessert. You certainly won't be disappointed. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing.