Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's a delicious, fast breakfast pleaser for company. You don't even need maple syrup for it because it's so sweet and moist. My mother made this with my aunt for Christmas and its a fav for us all.
- 1 cup cream (half and half or milk is fine too)
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients-make sure the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a deep baking pan and soak the pieces of bread (you can soak them overnight if you want) with a large spatula. Take pieces of bread out and put on a baking sheet and then you can pour the excess batter over the bread again.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip each piece of bread over and cook for about 6-8 minutes more.
Very simple and tasty! Nice basic recipe. We will be having this again. I made this for My 3 Chefs Nov 08