1 hr 10 mins
Have not made this yet, but I intend to for the holidays. Bread is cubed and combined with the normal ingredients for French toast and baked in a loaf pan. Cut into slices to serve and top with your favorite slightly warmed maple syrup. Would also be great topped with sweetened berries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Coat a 5x9" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bread cubes and mix well.
- 4Stir in the bread cubes and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Spoon into the loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden.
- 6Remove from the pan, slice and serve with your favorite topping.
- 7Note: I would make this with challah or any other more substantial bread instead of just plain sliced white bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1412.7
- Calories from Fat 722
- Total Fat 80.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.9 g
- Cholesterol 1025.0 mg
- Sodium 1432.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 50.2 g