Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this dish because it is easy to prepare and it can be frozen. My mother used to serve this dish with a pie crust covering the top but I prefer without.
- 8 potatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cans kernel corn
- 2 lbs ground beef
- garlic or 1 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Peel and cook the potatoes, mash, adding milk and butter (I whip the potatoes for smoother consistency) Set aside.
- Chop onion and cook with the ground beef until done and spread evenly in the baking dish.
- Pour the cream corn evenly over the ground beef, and pour the kernel corn evenly over the cream corn.
- Last but not least, spread the mashed potatoes evenly for the last layer.
- Dot the top with butter, and sprinkle paprika evenly over this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- As an added variety, shredded cheddar can be sprinkled on as a topping.
- This dish freezes very well.
I love this dish. the recipe turned out great. i put a layer of mashed potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish before the meat, that way it turned out more (held together). it tasted wonderful and so hearty. thanks for posting
I was eating this dish when I was very young. My mother was a great cook and this one was one of her favorite. It is a budget saver and serves quites a few servings.