1/8 Photos of French Silk Pie, Cooked
All the silky richness of the original recipe with a COOKED filling to guard against possible food poisoning associated with raw eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the 1 cup whipping cream, chocolate pieces, butter and sugar.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till chocolate is melted.
- 3About 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat.
- 5Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
- 6Return egg mixture to saucepan.
- 7Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, till mixture is slightly thickened and almost bubbly-- 3 to 5 minutes.
- 8Remove saucepan from heat.
- 9Stir in whipping cream.
- 10Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water, stir occasionally till mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir (20 minutes).
- 11Transfer chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- 12Beat the cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on Medium to High speed until light and fluffy 2 or 3 mins.
- 13Spread filling in a baked pastry shell.
- 14Cover and chill pie 4-5 hours or until set Best served within 24 hours, but will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
- 15Serve with whipped cream and a garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Silk Pie, Cooked
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.6
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g