Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favourite ways to wake up. I use Decaf instant coffee, No jitters just abit of a sugar high but I can drink it before bed also. Adjust to your own preference any amount.
- 2⁄3 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa (I use Hershey's )
- 1 cup powdered coffee creamer
- Place first 3 ingedients into a large plastic freezer bag, roll up bag to remove air, seal bag, unroll and using a rolling pin, crush to a fine even grind. Add remaining ingredients, toss to combine. *Rolling the dry milk together with the other ingredients eliminates the clumping issues when added to the liquid.
- Add 3 teaspoons, more or less to taste to 6 ounces boiling water.
- Variations: add 1 or more hard candies into hot coffee (butterscotch, peppermint, toffee, etc).
This makes you say "mmmmmmmmmmmmmm". It is truly excellent! I made this at 2:30am tonight (used 3 tsps. of the mix for 3/4 cup, i.e., 6 oz., of boiling hot water) when I took a break in the middle of my Information Technology assignment. I used Hintz Dutch Processed cocoa powder as I didn't have Hershey's on hand. Likewise, I used Nescafe instant coffee as that's my regular favourite. I used Hills Bros. Cappucino Double Mocha coffee creamer! Mmmm, you sure have put me in coffee heaven tonight! A trillion thanks to you! I have made a whole jar of this(24-26 servings) and I plan to give this mix this year as my X'mas and New year gifts to family and friends'! Thank You so much for solving my gift problem for this year! Plus, you have gifted me a great mix I will use often(it's already in my handwritten cookbook within seconds of making it)! Thanks so much!!! I'd recommend this recipe to one and all!
I made this last night. It was so good. I followed the recipe and had a great drink. I will be making this again.
This is really good! I love these kind of coffee mixes. Thanks.