Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
This is an easy, yummy appetizer that will get gobbled up very quickly! It also makes a pretty and impressive presentation. Adapted from the "Treasury of Christmas" book.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 3 ", long strips
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup pitted ripe olives, cut into wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack to lowest position and preheat to 425.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in olives and remove from heat.
- Pat dough into 16x12" rectangle on greased large cookie sheet.
- Arrange veggies over dough and sprinkly with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- With long spatula, loosen crust from sheet and transfer onto oven rack.
- Bake 3-5 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Cut crosswise into eight 1 3/4" wide strips.
- Cut diagonally again into ten 2" wide strips, making diamond pieces. Serve immediately.