1/2 Photos of French Fries
These french fries are simply the best. Why? Because they just are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Blanch (boil) the potato strips in the water for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove the potato strips from the water and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, heat about 2 inches of oil in a wok or a very VERY large saucepan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5CAUTION: Do not fill your pan even close to the top; your oil will expand during cooking and will catch fire if it pours out.
- 6Fry the potato strips, in small batches, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Sprinkle with the seasoning salt as soon as they come out of the oil.
- 9Cooking Tip: You can keep your cooked batches of fries hot while you are still frying the others by putting them in a preheated 250 degree Fahrenheit oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g