1/2 Photos of French Flamme. Bacon- Cheese Pizza/Pie
That's how my mum used to call this alsatian tart. The real name is flammekueche, in my family, we make it with "fromage blanc", which is something creamier than plain yogurt. You can find a lot of different recipes for this tarte, using creme fraiche or not, very thin bread dough or puff pastry. I like it this way, try it with some gruyère cheese (grated) on top, Miam !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 200°C.
- 2Put the puff pastry sheet on wax paper, on a cookie sheet or pizza pan (i don't know how to say that in english, sorry).
- 3Spread le fromage blanc (don't use too much, you don't want it to overflow, so maybe you'll need less than 6 tablespoons).
- 4Bake the lardons or canadian bacon slices, with the onions, in a skillet, until crispy (bacon) and tender (onion).
- 5Spread the onion mixture over fromage blanc, and add some pepper.
- 6Bake for 10 or 15 minutes, until dough is golden.
- 7Enjoy it with some salad :).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Flamme. Bacon- Cheese Pizza/Pie
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1452.1
- Calories from Fat 791
- Total Fat 87.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: