1/1 Photo of French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken
Vampires beware! Actually, don't be put off by the large quantity of garlic in this recipe. When the garlic cooks, the flavor mellows out and it isn't overpowering at all (although you and your significant other may want to be sure you both eat dinner together!) Good served with either mashed potatoes or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled (I peel the garlic easily by mashing them slightly with the flat side of a knife and then slipping of)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil over medium-high heat and add chicken and garlic (yes the whole cloves).
- 4Cook chicken until just brown on each side, turning once.
- 5Slowly add the 1/2 cup wine or broth, the 1/2 cup broth, lemon juice, basil and oregano.
- 6Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 7Transfer chicken and garlic to a warm serving platter; and keep warm.
- 8In small bowl, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons wine or broth.
- 9Stir in a couple of tablespoons of hot pan juices.
- 10Stir this mixture into remaining juices in pan.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 13Spoon over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Farmhouse Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 324.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g