Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
I can't remember where I received this recipe, but my best guess is from the side of a Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels package.
- 1 lb cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels (melted & cooled)
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipped)
- Combine next 4 ingredients: (cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt).
- Beat until well blended.
- Add egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- In a microwave safe dish, mix semi-sweet chocolate with milk and microwave in 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Blend in melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in with whipped cream.
- Mix everything together until well blended.
- Pour into cups: Chill until firm.
Oh Boy, rich, creamy and chocolate!! So good, add on that it was pretty easy for a mousse and you've got a winner with this one. I really wanted to top with whip cream but it had gone bad in the fridge darn it!! But who cares when the chocolate is so rish and creamy on it's own. The only thing I did differant was cut it in half as there's only 2 of us and it still made plenty enough that I was able to share half of it with a neighbor. This is a chocolate lovers delight. Made for Photo Tag Winter Game 2013
OH WOWWWWWWWW!!!! this is so fabulous & so easy!!! please do realize that the eggs aren't 'thoroughly cooked' so be careful feeding to old, sick or very young people. but it's in my fridge now hoping to survive until dinner, lol. I used 70% dark Belgian chocolate. :) YUMMM!!! thank you! made for veggie swap 5/11.