Recipe by Sanut Tarrer
Yummy light dessert made with fruit filling. I use non-dairy ingredients, but dairy ingredients, like butter can be used
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
WE really enjoyed this recipe, but I think next time I wont make as much crumble topping. It was gooey, which could have been my fault because i had alot of peach syrup in it that I couldnt get out. I might even want to try to cook it a little longer. I used all white flour and margarine. It had a very good taste, and I will try this again and let you know how it turns out...if I remember. THank you for putting this on recipezaar!
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (can be organic)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup soy margarine (or margarine for non vegs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put cherries in shallow casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine flours, sugars and cinnamon.
- Cut in the margarine with fork or pastry blender until nice and crumbly.
- Spread the mixture over the cherries.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Can be served with tofu ice cream or dairy ice cream.
- Crumble can also be made with peaches, tart raspberries, blackberries or fruit filling of your choice.