Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
Cinnamon and nutmeg flavored mini-muffins.
Make and share this French Breakfast Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- With a mixer beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg until well blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove immediately from tins.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip tops of muffins in melted butter and then in the sugar mixture.
This is a wonderful breakfast treat. My sons didn't like muffins when they were little but loved cake. I made this in a 7x9 pan, sprinkled with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, added some chopped pecans over the top and baked. When done, poked holes all over (using a wooden skewer) and poured the melted butter over the top. Same great taste and they were happy little campers. I still do this when they come home for holidays or hunting trips. Thanks for posting this great breakfast classic!!
These are so good, easy to make, light, soft, moist and just enough spice. I made them into 6 regular size muffins and had enough left over to make a small kids cake. I did add walnuts to the mix prior to baking. Loved the topping and added a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg to that. I'll be making these often. Thanks so much for posting.
I made this recipe into 6 regular size muffins. We really enjoyed them. They are very tender and flavorful. Thanks for sharing.