Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
From the 2008 Betty Crocker Calendar. This is a lot like cobbler.
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (4 to 6 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray 13x9" (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1 cup Bisquick mix, the nuts, and brown sugar. Cut in 3 tablespoons cold butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- Spread apples in baking dish. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
I was just getting ready to post this recipe. Glad I did a search first :) I've been making it for a couple of years now. This is a wonderfully tasty, easy and impressive dessert. When cool, I cut into single serving sizes, and freeze for a quick dessert. It can also be halved successfully. There are only two of us, so this works out very, very well. This is a must try. Thanks Celeste for posting.... saved me some typing. LOL