1/4 Photos of Freeze Ahead Manicotti
1 hr 15 mins
Really good served with a spinach salad. I usually make a few of these and lasagna's the same time and they are ready to pull out at any time. (It's just as easy to put a couple together at this point and have them ready.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) carton small curd low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1Boil manicotti according to package directions, adding oil to water so they won't stick (actually we have had a discussion about this and I'm not sure that works, but I do it anyway!) Meanwhile, mix ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs.
- 2Drain manicotti; run cold water over it.
- 3Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture.
- 4Place them in a 3 qt casserole after treating the dish with nonstick spray, and pour sauce around the manicotti.
- 5Cover dish with foil and freeze.
- 6When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired.
- 7To prepare for serving, thaw and preheat oven to 350F.
- 8Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freeze Ahead Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 882.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g