Really good served with a spinach salad. I usually make a few of these and lasagna's the same time and they are ready to pull out at any time. (It's just as easy to put a couple together at this point and have them ready.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) cartonsmall curd low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Boil manicotti according to package directions, adding oil to water so they won't stick (actually we have had a discussion about this and I'm not sure that works, but I do it anyway!) Meanwhile, mix ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs.
- Drain manicotti; run cold water over it.
- Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Place them in a 3 qt casserole after treating the dish with nonstick spray, and pour sauce around the manicotti.
- Cover dish with foil and freeze.
- When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired.
- To prepare for serving, thaw and preheat oven to 350F.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.