Recipe by Judith N.
The cake recipe comes from "Bakery Lane Soup Bowl" cookbook, but the Frosting recipe is my own. This is the best darn Carrot Cake recipe I have ever come across and I have made many! It's an easy and almost fool-proof cake.
Top Review by BigHeart
I have the "Bakery Lane" cookbook and this is one of my favorite recipes from that book. I'm a carrot cake maniac, and this rates as one of the best I've ever eaten. And I agree with Tweeky, it is very easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 box confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all frosting ingredients together with electric mixer on medium or high speed.
- Combine flour sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl of mixer.
- Mix until well blended, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add oil to flour mixture while mixing.
- Then add the carrots and the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan (***See Note).
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- ***Note:I prefer to pour mixture into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake layer pans and bake for 30 minutes to create a frosted 3 layer cake which makes a beautiful presentation!
- Just before bringing to the table to cut, I sprinkle the top with freshly shredded carrots.
- Looks beautiful, you can only do it at the last minute, because they will turn brown if done to far ahead.