Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
All it took was exam stress to create this. Tastes like starbucks, but much cheaper! To be honest, all the ingredient sizes are approximate...
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 teaspoons hot cocoa mix (add more if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons caramel sauce (recipe #243893) or 2 teaspoons dulce de leche (Good Eats Dulce De Leche)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk (cold)
- combine the coffee granules and hot cocoa mix in a mug.
- Add the hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in the Dulce De Leche or Caramel Sauce. Make sure it fully dissolves into the coffee!
- Top with skim milk, stir once again, and drink.
- You can chill it I guess, but I never do, it just goes straight down.
- For aesthetics sake I guess you can strain out any undissolved bits, but I'm way too lazy :P.
WOW oh WOW is this good! I am addicted to Starbucks iced coffees - but they sure add up quickly! I decided to try this and am honestly blown away. It's the closest replacement I found. I also love that you don't have to get out a blender! I took Mikekey's advice and added 2 ice cubes. THIS is a keeper! Thank you so (so!) much for sharing this one.
Tastes like the real thing! I also like that I didn't have to haul out the blender and try to blend ice cubes with it, although I added 2 ice cubes to the drink to chill it more. I used decaf coffee granules, since I like these types of drinks in the afternoon, but don't want the caffeine. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
This was pretty good. I used a 25 cal pkg of hot chocolate and sugar free carmel all for around 150 calories and no added sugar. I also added a full cup of skim milk instead of the 3/4c. It was a good pick me up for that mid. afternoon drag.