I love anything almond-based, and this is no exception. I've made this before using marzipan in place of almond paste. You may want to reduce or omit the sugar if you do make the substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° with rack in middle.
- 2Grease and flour a small cake pan.
- 3With electric mixer on low speed, blend almond paste, sugar and butter.
- 4Continue mixing, adding eggs one at a time.
- 5Mix on high until batter is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Sift in the cake flour.
- 7Gently fold into batter until just blended.
- 8Spread batter evenly into pan.
- 9Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frangipani Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g