1/5 Photos of Francesca's Risi E Bici
Baby Kato's Note:
I got this delicious recipe from a sweet elderly italian lady. It's so simple to make and tastes great. Francesca always told me to use good quality cheese and wine, because you can taste the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 4 cups chicken stock, very hot
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup fresh fennel, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, sweet, chopped
- 1/8 cup cremini mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine, dry
- 2 cups peas, petite, fresh (frozen & thawed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, good quality
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1Put the saffron threads into the hot chicken stock to steep(keep warm).
- 2Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, stir in fennel, onion and mushrooms and saute 4 minutes.
- 3Add the rice to the vegetable mixture, stir frequently until rice is shiny and has begun to absorb the butter.
- 4Lower the heat and add the wine, stirring constantly until the wine is absorbed.
- 5Next pour in 1/4 cup of the hot stock, stir constantly until the stock is absorbed, do this 1/4 cup at at time until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- 6Stir in the peas and olive oil cook an additional 3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 8Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top of the rice just before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Francesca's Risi E Bici
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 636.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 15.7 g