Recipe by Chef Kate
If you are lucky enough to pick your own berries, pick nice ripe little ones for this so you don't have to slice them--not that sliced strawberries won't look and taste lovely as well.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, washed, dried (only slice if large)
- 2 tablespoons calvados
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (NOT ultra-pasteurized)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and add the Calvados and toss.
- Let the berries marinate at least an hour.
- Add the sugar, stir gently, and set aside.
- Whip the cream to a stiff peak.
- Place a bed of cream on each of four chilled plates, leaving a slight hollow in the center for the berries.
- Lightly sprinkle the edge of the plates with cinnamon.
- Mound the strawberries in the center of each plate.
- Drizzle any accumlated juice over the berries.
- Serve with Sables (Norman sugar cookies, recipe posted separately).