1/2 Photos of Fraises Marinees Aux Calvados (Strawberries in Calvados)
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
If you are lucky enough to pick your own berries, pick nice ripe little ones for this so you don't have to slice them--not that sliced strawberries won't look and taste lovely as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the strawberries in a bowl and add the Calvados and toss.
- 2Let the berries marinate at least an hour.
- 3Add the sugar, stir gently, and set aside.
- 4Whip the cream to a stiff peak.
- 5Place a bed of cream on each of four chilled plates, leaving a slight hollow in the center for the berries.
- 6Lightly sprinkle the edge of the plates with cinnamon.
- 7Mound the strawberries in the center of each plate.
- 8Drizzle any accumlated juice over the berries.
- 9Serve with Sables (Norman sugar cookies, recipe posted separately).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fraises Marinees Aux Calvados (Strawberries in Calvados)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.7
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 24.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g