Top Review by mianbao
This is nice soup, though I think there should be a little more seasoning. I will probably add a little soy sauce to the remainder, and maybe a small amount of ginger. Still, it's very good, filled with lots of good things, and with a little work on the seasonings, would be a delicious end to a Chinese meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1⁄4 lb chicken breast, ground
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon Chinese hot mustard
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen Chinese pea pods
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince half of the water chestnuts and combine with chicken, 2 t.sp onions, soy sauce, mustard and flour.
- Reserve remaining water chestnuts and onions.
- In a large saucepan mix broth, sherry and garlic powder; boil.
- Drop chicken mixture by teaspoonfuls into broth.
- Add carrots and simmer 3 to 4 minute.
- until meatballs are cooked.
- Add remaining water chestnuts, green onions and pea pods.
- heat through and serve immediately.
- From: Lisa Tucker Source: http://soar.Berkeley.edu/recipes.