Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fantastic recipe that I got from my mom. I love Italian food and this is one of my favorites to make. My husband thinks I'm a chef! I wish!
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shavings
- Cook pasta according to package and drain.
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and cook; stirring until browned and liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a pot melt butter over med-high heat.
- Wisking constantly, add flour, herbes de provence, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add half and half; cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar, gruyere, and romano until melted and smooth.
- In large bowl combine pasta and sauce with the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, prosciutto, and parsley.
- Serve with parmesan shavings on top.
Mmmm, love the prosciutto in this pasta, added in in the end. I added 4 cloves garlic to the mushrooms, a Porcini stock cube (available in Italy) and some pasta cooking water to the sauce to thin it down to nice consistency. Very tasty and saucy!