Recipe by Bay Laurel
This recipe is from "The Deen Family Cookbook." If you like Paula Deen and cheese, you're gonna love this recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by organplayr
I made this last night, carefully weighing the ingredients, even the spaghetti. Did not substitute anything-goat cheese, ricotta--everything! I'm a very experienced cook (not chef) so I think it unlikely that I didn't follow the directions precisely. I used Costco's prepared pesto sauce (which we love and use all the time. We were so disappointed when it came out of the oven. The spaghetti mass was afloat in oil! We ate a spoonful each and quit! It is going to the church potluck tonight (with some revisions to hopefully make it palitable), hoping someone will find it interesting.
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces prepared pesto sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400ºF.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish.
- Cook spaghetti for 2 minutes less than the package directions specify,.
- Drain spaghetti well and transfer into a bowl.
- Stir in ricotta,pesto,1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup of the parmesan, and the goat cheese.
- Toss the mixture well and transfer it into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1½ cup mozarella and ½ cup parmesan over the pasta.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- turn the oven setting to broil and broil for 1 minute or until golden.
- serve hot.