Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "The Deen Family Cookbook." If you like Paula Deen and cheese, you're gonna love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces prepared pesto sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat over to 400ºF.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish.
- Cook spaghetti for 2 minutes less than the package directions specify,.
- Drain spaghetti well and transfer into a bowl.
- Stir in ricotta,pesto,1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup of the parmesan, and the goat cheese.
- Toss the mixture well and transfer it into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1½ cup mozarella and ½ cup parmesan over the pasta.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- turn the oven setting to broil and broil for 1 minute or until golden.
- serve hot.
I made this last night, carefully weighing the ingredients, even the spaghetti. Did not substitute anything-goat cheese, ricotta--everything! I'm a very experienced cook (not chef) so I think it unlikely that I didn't follow the directions precisely. I used Costco's prepared pesto sauce (which we love and use all the time. We were so disappointed when it came out of the oven. The spaghetti mass was afloat in oil! We ate a spoonful each and quit! It is going to the church potluck tonight (with some revisions to hopefully make it palitable), hoping someone will find it interesting.
Really easy and very tasty
I have the Paula Deen Cookbook that has this recipe in it. I made it for the first time tonight and it was fabulous. I didn't have any goat cheese so I did half swiss and half a white cheddar. I did add 2 cups chopped chicken. All my kids loved it and 2 of them came back for seconds. Not a cheap dish to make however.