4 hrs 30 mins
Well, this year for our holiday dinner, I finally did it! After a couple of previous experimental attempts at making Yorkshire Pudding (usually on a holiday and always with guests present), I finally got it right! Light and crispy and poofy huge. The biggest contribution to my success this year seems to be the Wondra flour, but using pan drippings and not taking shortcuts by using crisco and beef broth also yielded good results for me. I think cast iron muffin pans would work fabulous, but I'll have to wait to try that experiment until I add to my cast iron assortment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt, then whisk into egg/milk mixture, mix until combined and smooth, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 3After roast is done cooking and out of the oven, increase oven temperature to 425°F Spoon a teaspoonful of beef drippings into 12 large muffin tins and place pan into oven and heat until nearly smoking, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove bowl of batter from refrigerator and quickly whisk again, then fill each muffin tin approximately 2/3 full of cold batter.
- 5Bake in the enter of the oven, or on the top shelf, for 25-30 minutes or until well risen and crispy golden brown.
- 6Do not open the oven door during the first 20 minutes of the cooking time.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Yorkshire Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: