Recipe by Octavia08
Best microwave fudge I've found plus it's quick & easy!
Top Review by cvancamp
I have used this exact recipe for years and I always get raves about my fudge, I even had the owner of a local restaurant ask for my fudge recipe. I have also used mint choco chips with success and you can add nuts or not.
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 cups
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 can Eagle Brand
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- LINE 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.
- MICROWAVE METHOD.
- COMBINE chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
- CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: MELT 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
- MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: OMIT 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE: FOLLOW above recipe using 3/4 cup peanut butter chips instead of nuts. For glaze, melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until thick and smooth. Spread over chilled fudge.