Recipe by jovigirl
This is so easy and very good!! People think you've really worked hard on it ;) Source: Family Circle
Top Review by StrikingEyes00
I can't believe I haven't commented this yet! I have made this a dozen times and passed this recipe on to 2 girlfriends, my mom, my step mom, and a few coworkers, all of whom love this! The only thing I do a little differently is season the chicken with season salt and pepper. This is an amazing dish that everyone raves about. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced
- 10 ounces plain couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, spinach and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in half of the chopped pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Place chicken in small baking dish.
- Place spinach mixture on top of chicken breasts, dividing evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; top with cheese and bake uncovered 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in couscous.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining chopped red papper. Serve chicken with couscous on the side.