Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the easiest things to cook on the grill. It could also be prepared ahead and taken on a picnic or camping trip. I like to cook these veggies and my Foil Packet Country Potatoes while grilling meat, so everything is done all at once without too much effort. You could use the veggies and seasonings mentioned below or substitute others of your preference.
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap pea (or snow peas)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut two sheets of aluminum foil to 20 inches in length and arrange them cross-wise on a flat surface.
- Place veggies in center of foil, sprinkle with seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bring ends of top layer of foil together and fold downward 3-4 times toward the veggies, leaving enough slack so that the veggies don't spill too much out the sides.
- Repeat with bottom layer of foil until tightly sealed.
- Place packet on top rack of grill and cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Do not turn.
- Remove packet from grill with oven mitts, being careful not to tear the bottom of the packet.
- Carefully open foil and serve directly from packet.
Awesome!!! I used 3/4 cup frozen peas and 3/4 cup super sweet corn (trader joe's has The Best!) and added 1 tsp of Lemon & Herb seasoning. I also added one thinly sliced sweet potato. There were really too many veggies for my packet and the carrots didn't completely cook through because of it, but they were SOOOOO GOOD! I mean THE BEST VEGGIES EVER! Thank you so much! This is now my go-to!