1/4 Photos of Focaccia With Onions, Rosemary and Feta Cheese
1 hr 30 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
This is a wonderful Greek style bread. I use red onions but you could use white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (130F degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, whole wheat flour, yeast and salt.
- 2Stir in water, olive oil, honey and garlic.
- 3Stir in enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and let rest about 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Lightly spray a 11 by 7 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 10Pat or roll dough to fit pan; Brush with remaining teaspoon of oil.
- 11Spread onions evenly over dough.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese and rosemary.
- 13Cover lightly with kitchen towel and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled.
- 14Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia With Onions, Rosemary and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 325.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g