This would be a very cute idea for a spring class party at school or for a warm weather birthday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or whatever package specifies)
- 1/3 cup oil (or whatever package specifies)
- 1/3 cup water (or whatever package specifies)
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- green food coloring
- 48 small pretzels
- white candy coating, pieces melted
- colored sprinkles
- red licorice string
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place liners in muffin pans; set aside.
- 3Prepare cake mix following package directions for 24 cupcakes.
- 4Spoon batter into baking cups. Bake as directed. Cool.
- 5Tint frosting with green food color; frost cupcakes.
- 6For each butterfly, dip 2 mini pretzels in melted white candy coating.
- 7Place on wax paper wax paper with rounded sides of pretzels touching.
- 8Drizzle more candy coating between pretzels.
- 9Sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
- 10For antenna, insert 2 pieces of licorice into candy coating.
- 11When coating has hardened, stand butterfly on top of cupcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flutterby Butterfly Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: