Recipe by heatheralty
This is the recipe for the best pancakes ever. My mom made it for us as kids and served it in her restaurant on the weekend menu. People would come just for these. Almost like eating cake for breakfast! You can half the recipe but they don't seem to rise as high??
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 dash vanilla
- mixed fruit, any kind of fruit you like is a great additive... we like blueberries, sliced strawberries or grated
Directions See How It's Made
- mix dry ingrediants in a large bowl.
- mix wet ingrediants in small bowl.
- stir wet into dry and add fruit if desired.
- laddle onto a med high hot pan/skillet w/ a little oil.
- wait for the bubbles before flipping.
- This recipe serves a large family however if you have extras they freeze well if cooled first then kept in zipper bag. Toast them instead of microwaving when you want to enjoy them again.