Recipe by Nell Majeran
I got this recipe from a Good Housekeeping recipe book years ago and have committed it to memory. My husband loves these and will eat no other kind.
Top Review by Jeccalee
I put the recipe together as written and the batter was extremely runny! I added about a third cup flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder and it was a bit better. The finished pancakes were pretty standard.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (I use a 4 cup measuring cup).
- Mix milk, oil and egg in smaller bowl (I use 2 cup measuring cup).
- Mix liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Make 4 inch pancakes in a medium heated non-stick pan or griddle or use a small amount of oil in regular pan.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup or your favorite topping.