Recipe by MizzNezz
I've made this since a friend gave me the recipe at my bridal shower, MANY years ago!! This freezes very well. Take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.)
Top Review by Bev
This was so good! We really enjoyed our dessert this evening, thanks to you, Inez. I made this exactly as directed with the addition of sliced strawberries which made quite a beautiful presentation! Once again, I thank you!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crust ingredients, press into 13x9 pan.
- In small bowl stir together sugar and cream cheese until fluffy.
- In another small bowl, mix jello and boiling water; add lemon juice and extract.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer while jello cools.
- You can take a coffee break here.
- When bowl has chilled, whip evaporated milk on high until thick and holds a peak.
- Turn mixer to low; mix in cream cheese mixture.
- Mix in the jello mixture.
- Pour over crust in pan.
- Chill; cut into squares.