I've been perfecting my Pancake recipe over the years and I finally did it! These pancakes are super fluffy and delicious. My family was truly impressed. Makes about 12 - 6"diameter pancakes. I use non-stick spray on my griddle but you can use butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup maple syrup, I use Grade B
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1PANCAKES: In a large bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt. Set aside.
- 2Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- 3Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until high speaks form, set aside.
- 4Beat milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and melted butter together at slow speed until mixed.
- 5Add Milk mixture to Flour mixture slowly while beating at a medium speed until completely blended.
- 6Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and mix together. Fold in (using a spoon of spatula) the rest of the egg whites carefully, do not over mix!
- 7Grease your skilett or griddle with your preference of non-stick spray or butter and set to medium temperature (or 350 degrees).
- 8Drop about 1/3 cup of batter on pan for each pancake and cook on that side until you see a few bubbles on the surface of the batter.
- 9Flip your pancakes and cook for about another 1-2 minutes.
- 10SYRUP: Place Maple syrup in a microwave safe container, add butter and heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds until butter is melted. Mix with spoon and serve over pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes With Maple-Butter Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.0 mg
- Sodium 1707.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 60.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g