Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been perfecting my Pancake recipe over the years and I finally did it! These pancakes are super fluffy and delicious. My family was truly impressed. Makes about 12 - 6"diameter pancakes. I use non-stick spray on my griddle but you can use butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup maple syrup, I use Grade B
- 3 tablespoons butter
- PANCAKES: In a large bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until high speaks form, set aside.
- Beat milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and melted butter together at slow speed until mixed.
- Add Milk mixture to Flour mixture slowly while beating at a medium speed until completely blended.
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and mix together. Fold in (using a spoon of spatula) the rest of the egg whites carefully, do not over mix!
- Grease your skilett or griddle with your preference of non-stick spray or butter and set to medium temperature (or 350 degrees).
- Drop about 1/3 cup of batter on pan for each pancake and cook on that side until you see a few bubbles on the surface of the batter.
- Flip your pancakes and cook for about another 1-2 minutes.
- SYRUP: Place Maple syrup in a microwave safe container, add butter and heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds until butter is melted. Mix with spoon and serve over pancakes.
This was truly a fluffy pancake! I have cut the ingredients in half to make less and also have substituted 1 cup yogurt, 1 cup of milk, and 1 tsp lemon juice for the buttermilk. They are delicious.