Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great fluffy icing.
- 3 tablespoons wilton meringue powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Beat meringue powder and cold water until stiff, about 4 minutes.
- In large microwave safe measuring cup, stir sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- in microwave oven * bring syrup mixture to a boil ( approximately 5 minutes )
- Remove when boiling stops.
- Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture while beating on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for four minutes until stiff and glossy.
- * For stove top mix sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, cool lightly and resume directions above.
I made this today, i had a can of meringue powder to use up, and all the recipes i could find were for royal icing. i'm glad i found this one! it is so fluffy and yummy! not at all llike greasy,gritty or super sweet buttercreams. it was easy to make too! i'm so happy that i found this!
This is a great recipe, but it is a meringue in my opinion and not an icing. It was really fluffy and the Wilton Meringue Powder is a great find, but I'd consider this a topping rather than an icing.