Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a wonderful side dish and it's one of my favorite ways tin eating potatoes!
- 36 ounces potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200 ml hot chicken stock (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Put potatoes into a large saucepan, cover well with cold water and add about 1/2 tsp.
- of salt.
- Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender (around 20-25 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and then mash thoroughly using a potato masher.
- Put the stock, olive oil, and pesto into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer then pour it into the mash.
- With a wooden spoon, beat vigorously for about 3 minutes until the texture of the potatoes is light and fluffy.
- Reheat gently if necessary, then fold in the parmesan and pine nuts before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
OMG, where has this recipe been all my life! Pesto added to mashed potatoes is divine! The aroma was heavenly. I was looking for a way to use up some leftover pesto I had in the freezer, and I'm delighted that it led me to this gem of a recipe.