Campfire Mash (Potatoes, Yams,onions,turnips,carrots)
Save the mesh bags that have avocados, oranges or lemons.You can use all of the veggies or just the ones you like. Boiled, mashed together and seasoned. Great with fish, bratwurst, polish sausage or chicken.
- Ready In:
- 5 potatoes, washed
- 2 yams, ends cut, washed
- 1 -2 turnip, washed
- 4 -5 carrots, washed
- 1 white onion
- 2 teaspoons Butter Buds
- salt and pepper
- Pack to the campsite in the mesh bag or bags.
- Boil water in large dutch oven with lid.
- Open bag, cut potatoes, yams, carrots in 4 sections.
- Peel onion and turnip. Cut them in 4 sections.
- Pack back in mesh bag. Tie shut.
- Drop in boiling water. Put the lid on.
- Make sure the bag does not float to the top.
- Put a rock or weight on the bag if it does.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take bag and drain any water.
- Pour out on foil or metal pie plates.
- To mash: Take your hatchet and mash with the back edge. Make sure the hatchet is clean.
- Season. You can remove any skins if you want.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION