Chef #862830's Note:
If you use a sugar free vanilla extract like Since Singing Dog Vanilla, the only sugar source in this cake is the naturally occurring sugar in the almond flour. Top it with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse for a decadent sugar free treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat a 9” Spring form pan with butter and dust with cocoa powder. (do not tap out excess).
- 3Combine melted chocolate and remaining butter. Stir until smooth and combined. In a large bowl combine the chocolate mixture with the almond flour, sour cream, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended.
- 4With an electric mixture, beat egg whites and salt until stiff glossy peaks form. Add one-quarter of egg whites to the chocolate mixture to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining whites until no white streaks remain.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 6Bake for 20 min or until cake has risen and is barely dry on the top. A wooden tooth pick inserted comes out with a lots of moist crumbs.
- 7Place cake, still in the pan, on a rack and cool until warm. Cake will fall dramatically. Loosen edges of the cake with a knife and remove the pan sides.
- 8This cake can be combined with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse and topped with toasted slivered almonds. Texture should be dense, moist and slightly fudgy .
- 9*Chocolate can be melted on low microwave setting just until melted or over a double boiler.
- 104 g. Net Digestible Carbs per serving size (without mousse or almonds),
- 111 g. Sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless, No Sugar Added Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: