1/1 Photo of Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #302958's Note:
This cake is a classic - definitely my favourite chocolate cake recipe ever. It's beautifully rich thanks to the espresso coffee and shot of brandy, but light and fluffy by virtue of the egg whites. A perfect balance!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C, and grease and line a <24cm cake tin.
- 2Separate the eggs. Beat the whites until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, lightly beat the yolks.
- 3Gently melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- 4Combine melted chocolate mix in a bowl with sugar, coffee, and brandy or rum.
- 5Add almond meal and mix well.
- 6Add egg yolks a little at a time.
- 7Gently fold in egg whites (you might have to beat them a bit first to restore the stiff peaks).
- 8Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes. The cake will puff up while it's in the oven and settle while it cools. After 10 minutes of cooling, dust the top with cocoa or icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g