1/3 Photos of Flourless Chocolate-Almond Cake
This is a cross between a brownie and a chocolate bar, a decadent rich chocolate cake with an amazing texture. This is the ultimate after dinner dessert sprinkled with powdered sugar, drizzled with a chocolate glaze or topped off with a dollup of whipped cream. It can also be made in a 9-inch cake pan instead of a springform pan. This can be made a day ahead but is better served the same day it is made, if you prepare a day ahead, cover and leave at room temperature. You will love this decadent chocolate cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- 3Combine almonds and 1/3 cup sugar in a processor; blend until almonds are very finely ground, transfer to a medium bowl (do not clean the processor).
- 4Add in chocolate and 1/3 cup sugar to the processor; blend until chocolate is finely ground, but not clumping together ( this should take about 40 seconds) stir the chocolate mixture into the almond mixture.
- 5Using an electric mixer beat egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl until mixture forms heavy ribbons when beater are lifted (this should take about 5 minutes).
- 6Beat in almond extract.
- 7With a spatula, fold in the chocolate/almond mixture, then melted cooled butter.
- 8In a clean bowl with dry beaters, beat 5 egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry.
- 9Fold the whites into chocolate batter in three additions.
- 10Transfer to baking pan.
- 11Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- 12Cool cake completely in pan.
- 13Cut around pan sides with a sharp knife to loosen, then release the sides.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate-Almond Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.4
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g