A flat bread from Guam, (pronounced ti-tee-dzas). Canned unsweetened coconut milk can be used instead of whole milk. Serve with kelaguen. (Shrimp Kelaguen With Finadene Sauce)
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add oil and 3/4 cup milk and mix with hands until it forms a soft dough (add remaining milk if needed. You don't want it too sticky).
- Separate dough into balls depending on the size you want.
- Place a ball of dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it to desired size (about 1/4 inch thick). These won't be perfectly round. Prick several times with a fork.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it is starting to brown (about 5 minutes). Flip it over and cook about a minute more.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Slice each one into quarters, or leave whole if desired.