- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3⁄4 cup dates, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift the flour and salt together and set aside.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat till very thick and lemon colored.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate, dates, walnuts and lemon rind.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2" apart, on cookie sheet lined with well-greased foil.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet, cool, and decorate with chocolate glaze.